You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Apple ID for same AirTag (on dogs collar)

Can you connect an AirTag (used on my pup) to two apple IDs? My husband and I have separate apple accounts but want to both have access to our dogs locations.

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 5:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 5:13 PM

No. An AirTag can only be connected to one Apple ID.

While you can certainly attach an AirTag to a dog's collar, Apple does not recommend using AirTags to track animals or people. AirTags are not real-time trackers, nor are they GPS trackers, and rely on the FindMy network. Dogs in the woods are unlikely to encounter iPhones; a dog has a habit of running into town for a Pupaccino, and encountering a number of iDevices along the way, that's a different scenario.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 17, 2021 5:13 PM in response to Victoriagilman

No. An AirTag can only be connected to one Apple ID.

While you can certainly attach an AirTag to a dog's collar, Apple does not recommend using AirTags to track animals or people. AirTags are not real-time trackers, nor are they GPS trackers, and rely on the FindMy network. Dogs in the woods are unlikely to encounter iPhones; a dog has a habit of running into town for a Pupaccino, and encountering a number of iDevices along the way, that's a different scenario.

Nov 17, 2021 5:37 PM in response to muguy

We live in a major metropolitan city, so Yeahhh… more likely to go pupaccino hunting than woods hunting. Lol but no in all seriousness it’s because dogs get stolen a lot where I live, so I fear a break in when we are absent and our dogs being taken. They have additional tracking devices on them too, we don’t play when it comes to keeping our dogs well monitored.

thank you for your response though! I appreciate it! Bummer we can’t share AirTag access. Luckily they are “in case of an emergency” type use for us, so we’ll always have one and other to look for our pups.

Multiple Apple ID for same AirTag (on dogs collar)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.