You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To contact to Apple ID Owner to resolve the Apple ID Problem or what should i do

I have an Iphone 6 Plus given from my friend . This Iphone was given to the lady as a love gift by iphone Owner. But at the current time they cut off their relationship. So the Iphone owner had locked it by icloud for a long time . No one cannot use it. Iphone 6 plus is very good condition. Although I want to use it legally, i don't know who he is . Shall I break this Iphone into pieces ? Or what shall i do to use it? Would you give me any advises to resolve this Problem?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 12:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 5:25 PM

If you can't reach the previous owner whose ID is on the device and have them remove the device from their account, the device is worthless. Apple won't unlock it for you.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support.  *

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 27, 2021 12:53 AM in response to Bagyisoe

Hi,

It sounds like you would need to submit an activation lock removal request online at https://al-support.apple.com/#/getsupport in order to remove that Apple ID from the device.

That being said, unsure of why their Apple ID account would be signed into the iCloud Settings if the device was given as a “love gift” to someone else.

To submit the activation lock removal request, you would need to have the original Proof of Purchase for the product submitted with your request. IF you do not have this information, the request would be denied. Once you have submitted the request, Apple will reach out to you via email within 10 business days.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201441

Hope this helps!

Nov 27, 2021 4:17 PM in response to k_p95

It was sent as a love gift to Myanmar . No original purchase for the product. The related persons of both to this iPhone had not been used . I received it from one of their friends. So I try how to resolve this problem to use it. And no useful to anyone for this case, we have no choice to break it into pieces.

How To contact to Apple ID Owner to resolve the Apple ID Problem or what should i do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.