You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

to add a printer my Mac Pro wants me to Update the OS X version to 10.13 or greater.

I purchase a new printer to add this printer i need to add an updated OS X version to 10.13 or greater. My Mac book pro was purchased in 2014.

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 10:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 7:45 AM

I just purchased a hp model ENVY 6455e. To add this printer i need to load HP Smart Software, called 123.hp.com. I am unable unless I update the OS X version to 10.13 or greater on my MacBook Pro. Purchased in 2014, I currently have OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

6 replies

Nov 28, 2021 7:51 AM in response to csaign

Any Mac bought new in 2014 can run a higher macOS verrsion than 10.10. However, instead of telling us a purchase date, please tell us the SUB-MODEL That determines your system upgrade path, not when you bought, and is quickly available by doing "About this Mac..."

In the example, "13-inch, Mid 2012" it that computer's sub-model. Please tell us your sub-model.

to add a printer my Mac Pro wants me to Update the OS X version to 10.13 or greater.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.