You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac air is having a similar issue to this article

i followed the instructions as shown in the article (Command + R), but then it goes to boot via internet option and there another error pops up with a global internet and an exclamation mark in the mid. I then followed the instructions shown in that article for the internet based boot but that doesnt work either

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 12:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 12:17 AM

YashDoshi Said:

"my mac air is having a similar issue to this article: i followed the instructions as shown in the article (Command + R), but then it goes to boot via internet option and there another error pops up with a global internet and an exclamation mark in the mid. I then followed the instructions shown in that article for the internet based boot but that doesnt work either"

-------

Try Reinstalling the macOS:

Being an intermittent issues, start by reinstalling the MacOS. Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be.

Go Here:

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2021 12:17 AM in response to YashDoshi

YashDoshi Said:

"my mac air is having a similar issue to this article: i followed the instructions as shown in the article (Command + R), but then it goes to boot via internet option and there another error pops up with a global internet and an exclamation mark in the mid. I then followed the instructions shown in that article for the internet based boot but that doesnt work either"

-------

Try Reinstalling the macOS:

Being an intermittent issues, start by reinstalling the MacOS. Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be.

Go Here:

Nov 28, 2021 2:22 AM in response to YashDoshi

YashDoshi Said:

"my mac air is having a similar issue to this article: when i try to do command+R on startup i get the no internet connection error with text saying: 'support.apple.com/mac/startup-1005F"

-------

Insufficient WiFi Signal:

Seeing "startup-1005F". mean the connection is not suitable to perform something (an upgrade, in this case). So, either use a stronger Wi-Fi signal, or use Ethernet. For a Mac that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

my mac air is having a similar issue to this article

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.