You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone setting it up IPhone XR

i got a new phone and when I went to set it up I pressed switch phone through device.

My old phone was my grandmas phone but i logged into my iCloud account when I got it.

my new phone is now saying I have to log into her iCloud but I don’t know her password I want to log into my account.

I did get all of my pictures and contacts, service all of that. I just can’t download things because it is telling me to put her password in there

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 5:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 10:29 AM

What can't you download? If it is apps, those apps were probably downloaded using her Apple ID. Try signing out of the App Store/iTunes, restart, and then sign back in. Check the downloads to see if the apps requiring downloading are in your Purchases History. If they aren't in your Purchases History, you can delete the app, and download it using your Apple ID if desired. If the apps are in your Purchases History, contact iTunes Support.

Purchase History Review  *

See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call   -      

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.   -        

If it you can't download iCloud data, it is probably data associated with her ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2021 10:29 AM in response to parepare101

What can't you download? If it is apps, those apps were probably downloaded using her Apple ID. Try signing out of the App Store/iTunes, restart, and then sign back in. Check the downloads to see if the apps requiring downloading are in your Purchases History. If they aren't in your Purchases History, you can delete the app, and download it using your Apple ID if desired. If the apps are in your Purchases History, contact iTunes Support.

Purchase History Review  *

See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call   -      

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.   -        

If it you can't download iCloud data, it is probably data associated with her ID.

New iPhone setting it up IPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.