You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore a Pages doc from Time Line on my Mac

I have Time Machine on my Mac & need help trying to find & restore a doc created in Pages!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 1:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 2:00 PM

Launch a Finder window and select the folder location where you last think the document was located. This will save you some time when you launch the /Applications/Time Machine application to produce the restore panel, as its panel will be the identical location as you chose in the first sentence.

Slide your pointer up the right side of the screen and previous dates will appear as you progress. Pick one closest to the date that you believe the file was removed from the Mac. In that Finder window search field, you can narrow your search to just Pages documents by entering kind:pages. Apple's Quick Look also works in these restore windows so you can visualize the contents of a Pages document by selecting it and pressing the space bar. When you have found the Pages document in question, click Restore, and it will be written on your Mac in the same location as it was originally backed up in Time Machine.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2021 2:00 PM in response to Caldo5

Launch a Finder window and select the folder location where you last think the document was located. This will save you some time when you launch the /Applications/Time Machine application to produce the restore panel, as its panel will be the identical location as you chose in the first sentence.

Slide your pointer up the right side of the screen and previous dates will appear as you progress. Pick one closest to the date that you believe the file was removed from the Mac. In that Finder window search field, you can narrow your search to just Pages documents by entering kind:pages. Apple's Quick Look also works in these restore windows so you can visualize the contents of a Pages document by selecting it and pressing the space bar. When you have found the Pages document in question, click Restore, and it will be written on your Mac in the same location as it was originally backed up in Time Machine.

How to restore a Pages doc from Time Line on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.