You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get to old Pages documents on my Mac? all I see is open recent.

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 10:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 11:07 AM

Alan,

Pages will show you the configured open recent documents, even those that no longer exist on your Mac. It will not however be a replacement for your recollection of where you saved prior Pages documents.

You can navigate to your Pages documents via the Finder and then double-click to open them, or from the Pages Open… menu item, you can also navigate to those saved document locations.

Thirdly, if you have configured the Documents category in the Spotlight Preferences panel's Search Results, then you can use Apple's Spotlight, either from its menu extras 🔍 icon, or by using the Spotlight query in a Finder Window's search field like the following for after (>), before (<), and range (-):

kind:pages created:>08/01/2022
kind:pages created:06/01/2022-01/16/2023
kind:pages created:01/16/2023

If using the Spotlight 🔍 tool, you can press return to open the document, or press cmd+R to open a Finder window with that document selected (but not opened for you).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2023 11:07 AM in response to alanfromschenectady

Alan,

Pages will show you the configured open recent documents, even those that no longer exist on your Mac. It will not however be a replacement for your recollection of where you saved prior Pages documents.

You can navigate to your Pages documents via the Finder and then double-click to open them, or from the Pages Open… menu item, you can also navigate to those saved document locations.

Thirdly, if you have configured the Documents category in the Spotlight Preferences panel's Search Results, then you can use Apple's Spotlight, either from its menu extras 🔍 icon, or by using the Spotlight query in a Finder Window's search field like the following for after (>), before (<), and range (-):

kind:pages created:>08/01/2022
kind:pages created:06/01/2022-01/16/2023
kind:pages created:01/16/2023

If using the Spotlight 🔍 tool, you can press return to open the document, or press cmd+R to open a Finder window with that document selected (but not opened for you).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.