You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rosetta issues with MacBook Pro

I can't download rosetta. It says my computer doesn't support it when I try using the terminal. The computer doesn't give me any options to download / enable rosetta when downloading plug-ins either. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 4:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 4:19 PM

If your MacBook Pro 13’ has an Intel processor you cannot download Rosetta 2. Rosetta 2 is exclusive to the new M1 Mac. And in either event you should not be trying to download it using the terminal. On an M1 Mac Rosetta 2 will automatically download when it is required, that is when you launch an Intel X86 app.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2021 4:19 PM in response to chuckfoster87

If your MacBook Pro 13’ has an Intel processor you cannot download Rosetta 2. Rosetta 2 is exclusive to the new M1 Mac. And in either event you should not be trying to download it using the terminal. On an M1 Mac Rosetta 2 will automatically download when it is required, that is when you launch an Intel X86 app.

rosetta issues with MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.