You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a privacy warning on my personal WiFi account. It showed up just last night. Since it’s on my own account, I rather not use a random WiFi, what can I do to get rid of the warning and problems

I have a privacy warning on my personal WiFi account. It showed up just last night. Since it’s on my own account, I rather not use a random WiFi, what can I do to get rid of the warning and problems

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 6:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 6:47 AM

Privacy warning

This network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic.

The names of websites and other servers your device accesses on this network may be monitored and recorded by other devices on this net work.

See this Apple article: Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204497

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 9, 2021 6:47 AM in response to keion228

Privacy warning

This network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic.

The names of websites and other servers your device accesses on this network may be monitored and recorded by other devices on this net work.

See this Apple article: Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204497

Feb 14, 2022 12:23 PM in response to keion228

None of the links provided in this article answer the question. If iCloud private relay is managing DNS traffic, then it’s an iCloud issue. Most likely because the internet service provider does not allow changes to their DNS servers. Try turning off iCloud Private Relay (Beta). You can also turn off Limit IP address tracking inside the wifi info page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.