You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to sign into AppStore or to add a payment method

We got a new computer and created a new appleID to sign into it. Since the beginning I've been unsuccessful in trying to sign into the Appstore. I get prompted to enter my user name and password , then get the message this AppleID is used for the first time, I should review, I click on "Review", then get prompted to enter my credentials again, and this endless vicious circle continues forever. I read in other threads that the way out is entering a payment method under AppleID in System Preferences. However, in my case this seems to be equally impossible. Under Apple ID I click on the Payment and Shipping tab, the address I have previously saved is displayed, and I have the option to edit it, but not the payment method. There are no editing options for a payment method at all. In the field where the card details should be entered, it says "You have no payment method on file". Does anybody know how to solve this?

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 10:41 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Dec 9, 2021 12:01 PM in response to Eric Root

I cannot log into my App Store account. When I enter my login credentials, I get the message that this Apple ID is used for the 1st time with the AppSore. I have the option to review or to cancel the sign in. When I click on Review all I get is the sign in window appearing again. Then I again enter my credentials and again the message appears that this Apple ID is used for the first time, with the options to cancel or to review , and so on without end. I read in other discussions that the only way to break that endless circle is to enter a payment method.

Jan 12, 2022 1:55 PM in response to Brina_Go

Have you found a solution? I have the exact same issue. New macbook with new Apple Id. I try to log in and then am asked to review and then am asked to log in and then am asked to review (ad infinitum). I tried adding a payment method to my Apple Id but I was only able to edit the Shipping Address. There is no Edit button for Payment Method. This is a work laptop and I am the admin (of the box). Any ideas?

unable to sign into AppStore or to add a payment method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.