You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot sign in to the App Store

I created my Apple ID today when I unboxed my new MacBook Air. When I clicked Sign In in the App Store, my Apple ID and password are accepted, but a box pops up indicating that my Apple ID has not been used in the app store and that I need to review my account details. So, I click Review. I am then prompted to sign in again, and thus has the loop begun. I looked at some of the answers available in the community as well as on Quora and it looked like the problem was to do with my having failed to enter payment details while I was performing initial setup. So, I went to System Preferences and added payment details for Wallet and Apple Pay. Returning to the App Store, I tried again and the loop continued. Am I missing something? Is this a result of my having committed the cardinal sin of using an Android device (which is all I currently have) for 2-factor verification? I am new to the Apple environment and need this process simplified and idiot proofed for me at the highest possible level. Do not explain it to me like I am 5, explain it to me like I am a fetus. Please.

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 12:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 6:27 PM

Log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to add it there. Open the App Store application, then in the menu bar at the top, click on Store, then View My account. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page. After updating that, click the Go Back button at the lower left and you will be on the address page. If you have a subscription, you need to add the new card, and then promote it to the primary payment method before you can remove the old card.

Apple ID payment information - change.  *

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2022 6:27 PM in response to whateveryouwannacallme

Log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to add it there. Open the App Store application, then in the menu bar at the top, click on Store, then View My account. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page. After updating that, click the Go Back button at the lower left and you will be on the address page. If you have a subscription, you need to add the new card, and then promote it to the primary payment method before you can remove the old card.

Apple ID payment information - change.  *

I cannot sign in to the App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.