You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone edges discolouration

My iPhone 12 mini edge are discoloured. Black colour turning into white on the edges . Does it comes under warranty ?? What to do now??

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 9:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 10:19 PM

Sandeep_18 Said:

"My iPhone 12 mini edge are discoloured. Black colour turning into white on the edges . Does it comes under warranty ?? What to do now??"

-------

Any Corrosion?:

Does it look bulged at all? If so, it may be a corroding battery, though a full assumption, on my part. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get this looked into.

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

How old is this iPhone? If this is covered under warranty, then maybe you can get it serviced free of charge, being it is found to be a faulty device. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-wattanty with this too. So, if any of that applies, and if found to be a faulty device, then it might be free-of-charge. In all, that would be Apple's call.

***Info on Contacting Apple:

Proceed from there as Necessary

• NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit longer to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you :)
10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 11, 2021 10:19 PM in response to Sandeep_18

Sandeep_18 Said:

"My iPhone 12 mini edge are discoloured. Black colour turning into white on the edges . Does it comes under warranty ?? What to do now??"

-------

Any Corrosion?:

Does it look bulged at all? If so, it may be a corroding battery, though a full assumption, on my part. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get this looked into.

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

How old is this iPhone? If this is covered under warranty, then maybe you can get it serviced free of charge, being it is found to be a faulty device. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-wattanty with this too. So, if any of that applies, and if found to be a faulty device, then it might be free-of-charge. In all, that would be Apple's call.

***Info on Contacting Apple:

Proceed from there as Necessary

• NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit longer to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you :)

Iphone edges discolouration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.