You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Library To Import is Greyed Out

I am trying to import a Photoslibrary into my system Photoslibrary.

When I select File: Import, the Photoslibrary I want to import from is greyed out.

I have ensured that both laptops have the same version of MacOS Big Sur 11.6.1

I have run repair on both Photoslibraries

I have tried importing the system Photoslibrary into the other Photoslibrary but that also is greyed out.

I have iCloud off for photos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 11:15 AM

snash22 wrote:

I believe I have found my problem - The import Photoslibrary is only available on Big Sur, not Monterey.

Fortunately the laptop can be updated to Big Sur.

Going to try it now.

No accurate and disagree.

Am on Monterey and Photo >> Import is available

Import photos from another library in Photos on Mac and the key words from that linked files are " you can import photos and videos from another Photos library, as long as the library you want to import from doesn't have iCloud Photos turned on

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 12, 2021 11:15 AM in response to snash22

snash22 wrote:

I believe I have found my problem - The import Photoslibrary is only available on Big Sur, not Monterey.

Fortunately the laptop can be updated to Big Sur.

Going to try it now.

No accurate and disagree.

Am on Monterey and Photo >> Import is available

Import photos from another library in Photos on Mac and the key words from that linked files are " you can import photos and videos from another Photos library, as long as the library you want to import from doesn't have iCloud Photos turned on

Photo Library To Import is Greyed Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.