You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

this doesn't explain to me what to do with my iPhone XR

I recently bought an iPhone from an old friend who forgot their password and didn't know how to fix it so they sold it to me for a lower price. while trying to fix the phone it told me to come to apple support while reading what to do I noticed that it only has older generations phones and not and iPhone XR. I would really like to hope I didn't get ripped off for this phone can someone please help me get my moneys worth.

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 6:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 6:18 PM

The iPhone is Activation Locked. You'll need the previous owner's ID and password to unlock it. That's it.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If you still can contact you friend to get it, this might help recovering Apple ID and password information

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 14, 2021 6:18 PM in response to aidaaramoss

The iPhone is Activation Locked. You'll need the previous owner's ID and password to unlock it. That's it.

If you still can contact you friend to get it, this might help recovering Apple ID and password information

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Dec 14, 2021 6:22 PM in response to aidaaramoss

In addition to the Passcode, you will also need the Apple ID and password of the original user who set up the device when you encounter Activation Lock. Without that information, you will not be able to use the phone. We cannot help you get past Activation Lock and Apple will not help. Activation Lock is a theft prevention feature that cannot be by-passed. You can recycle the phone at any Apple Store. Check this link...

this doesn't explain to me what to do with my iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.