You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro Clip Boarder Color

In FCP 10.6.1 timeline, what is the difference between yellow (I assume normal) and white boarder/highlighted clips (below)? (I'm unable to find an answer for this) Also, on the white highlighted clip I do not hear audio. FYI - very new to FCP - just started a few days ago.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 4:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 4:43 AM

I think there are two different things involved in your question.

1) Yellow selection vs white: when the selection is white, it indicates that some other part of your FCP interface, like the browser or the viewer, has focus, instead of the timeline.

You can switch focus either by clicking the relevant part, or by using a keyboard shortcut. Command-2 switches focus to the timeline, for example, so if in the situation of your screenshot, you press Command-2, you will see the selection become yellow.

2) I think you may have accidentally "soloed" clips, so that only the audio from those clips will play. The fact that some clips show in grey seems to confirm this.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2021 4:43 AM in response to OptionGuru

I think there are two different things involved in your question.

1) Yellow selection vs white: when the selection is white, it indicates that some other part of your FCP interface, like the browser or the viewer, has focus, instead of the timeline.

You can switch focus either by clicking the relevant part, or by using a keyboard shortcut. Command-2 switches focus to the timeline, for example, so if in the situation of your screenshot, you press Command-2, you will see the selection become yellow.

2) I think you may have accidentally "soloed" clips, so that only the audio from those clips will play. The fact that some clips show in grey seems to confirm this.

Final Cut Pro Clip Boarder Color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.