You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue Line UNDER Clips

Blue lines are normally on top of the clip. There are only two color for under the clip, and blue isn't one of them. FCP 4.6, OS10.13

TIA

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 6:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 8:21 AM

You mean deleting preferences by holding down command-option? Yes, I think it goes way back, perhaps to 10.3. I will try to find out.

EDIT: yes, this works since 10.3, according to this support document:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203477

13 replies

Jan 19, 2022 7:16 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Sorry for failing to properly deliver the screen shot. Also the FCP version is 10.4.6. I checked with the on-line manual again, and the only colored line on the bottom of a clip's browser thumbnail is an orange one (to show that the clip is already being used in the timeline). The blue line above shows that the clip was defined (and called up) by a key word.

The blue line I'm worried about is at the bottom of the viewer, covering up the bottom of the clip's video. Fortunately, this only happens when playing back abrowser. It does not interfere with playback from the timeline.

Sorry, again to start you guys off with some confusion.

Jan 19, 2022 8:08 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Luis Sequeira1 wrote:

It might help if you posted a more encompassing screenshot. We can see that there are two viewers - what are they? The regular viewer and the event viewer? The comparison viewer? The multicam viewer?

Just the regular viewer and empty space on the RH (where the Inspector would appear). No multi-cam or comparison.

(Apparently I can't answer questions from two separate post in one reply.) Trashing prefs is usually a good solution. However I couldn't find them, not in User>Library>Preferences or ApplicationSupport>FCP. Worse come to worse, I can trashing the entire app (saving the libraries) and reinstall from the App Store

Tom Wolsky wrote:

Did you try trashing your preferences?

Blue Line UNDER Clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.