You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With the newest update last week, when I use Maps, I can no longer touch the box on upper left hand corner of screen to silence the directions.

How can I get my maps to silence directions - and then turn them back on while driving! Where did this feature go??!

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 3:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 3:41 PM

Are you referring to using Maps in CarPlay that you are seeing this box? To silence directions you should see a speaker icon on the Maps screen to silence the directions. You also have the option to got to Settings>Maps>Spoken Directions>Directions on Radio and turn that off.

2 replies

With the newest update last week, when I use Maps, I can no longer touch the box on upper left hand corner of screen to silence the directions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.