You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote control of an iPad

I will have an iPad Pro connected to a television. When a video is playing there are some simple controls I would like to access from across the room. Ideally, I'd be happy with a remote control that I purchase, or an app for my iPhone. Both devices are on the same Wi-Fi and on the same Apple ID. I will also be within Bluetooth range. I tried a "Switch" function, but none of the instructions matched how my devices work. I gave up on that.

I've searched extensively for a solution online but not finding much or I'm getting conflicting information. All I want to do is to be able to pause a movie, fast forward, and play. That's it!

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 7:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 7:49 PM

Easiest way without shuffling parts around is with Siri.

Alternatively, using an Apple TV 4K or such with AirPlay connected to the TV, though some TVs include AirPlay support.

Tripping hazard and cable routing discussions aside, a longer cable (HDMI) might work, allowing you to relocate the iPad.

iPad itself doesn’t have a remote.

Some apps can use an Apple Watch as a remote, but I don’t think that’ll work for your needs here

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 20, 2021 7:49 PM in response to Ziatron

Easiest way without shuffling parts around is with Siri.

Alternatively, using an Apple TV 4K or such with AirPlay connected to the TV, though some TVs include AirPlay support.

Tripping hazard and cable routing discussions aside, a longer cable (HDMI) might work, allowing you to relocate the iPad.

iPad itself doesn’t have a remote.

Some apps can use an Apple Watch as a remote, but I don’t think that’ll work for your needs here

Remote control of an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.