You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I get clickwheel games back on my ipod

If I purchase a game back in the day how can I get it back on my account and on back on my ipod.

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 12:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 4:40 PM

Windows or Mac? Rolling back to an older build of iTunes generally requires removing the existing installation, and using a new library. iPod clickwheel games will have a .ipg file extension. You should be able to drag & drop them into your library, or use File > Add to Library. Your library needs to be authorised for the account that purchased the game. You should then be able to sync the game to your device be editing the device's sync selections.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 25, 2021 4:40 PM in response to psxpetey

Windows or Mac? Rolling back to an older build of iTunes generally requires removing the existing installation, and using a new library. iPod clickwheel games will have a .ipg file extension. You should be able to drag & drop them into your library, or use File > Add to Library. Your library needs to be authorised for the account that purchased the game. You should then be able to sync the game to your device be editing the device's sync selections.

tt2

how can I get clickwheel games back on my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.