You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Private relay

I signed up for private relay, tried find my ip from Browser and as Apple suggested it was showing some generic like USA or like that in several sites. However when I hit the below URL it was able to find my IP4 perfectly fine. Is this a glitch with the Relay that needs fixing?

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 7:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 1:18 AM

The link on top of this page, under the "Related Article” is the process and probably you have missed the following points while going through that link.

• Your IP address is visible to your network provider and to the first relay, which is operated by Apple. 
  • Some websites, networks, or services may need to make updates for Private Relay, including networks that require the ability to audit traffic or perform network-based filtering—such as business or education networks—or services that rely on viewing your browsing activity, like parental controls or some “zero rated” services that don’t count against your data usage.
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2021 1:18 AM in response to venkat148

The link on top of this page, under the "Related Article” is the process and probably you have missed the following points while going through that link.

• Your IP address is visible to your network provider and to the first relay, which is operated by Apple. 
  • Some websites, networks, or services may need to make updates for Private Relay, including networks that require the ability to audit traffic or perform network-based filtering—such as business or education networks—or services that rely on viewing your browsing activity, like parental controls or some “zero rated” services that don’t count against your data usage.

Private relay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.