You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Private Relay

I just bought ICloud+ and started using Private Relay (and blocked IP address from trackers and websites). But when I went to check what my public IP is on a website it was still my current ip. Is this supposed to happen?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 7:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 8:31 PM

Owchs Said:

"Private Relay: I just bought ICloud+ and started using Private Relay (and blocked IP address from trackers and websites). But when I went to check what my public IP is on a website it was still my current ip. Is this supposed to happen?"

-------

Yes. All is working as intended.

Private Reply is meant to prevent profiles of you from being created. A VPN does what you speak of.

1. Go here: About iCloud Private Relay - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "This information could be used to determine your identity and build a profile of your location and browsing history over time."
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2022 8:31 PM in response to Owchs

Owchs Said:

"Private Relay: I just bought ICloud+ and started using Private Relay (and blocked IP address from trackers and websites). But when I went to check what my public IP is on a website it was still my current ip. Is this supposed to happen?"

-------

Yes. All is working as intended.

Private Reply is meant to prevent profiles of you from being created. A VPN does what you speak of.

1. Go here: About iCloud Private Relay - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "This information could be used to determine your identity and build a profile of your location and browsing history over time."

Private Relay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.