You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Allow permanent starting apps

Hey guys,

I have a MacBookPro 2020 with with macOS 12.1

I also use the program SPM for fMRT data analysis.

SPM consists of many different small programs and now I have to allow every single time the opening and starting process during the analysis. Thats really annoying! In older macOS versions there was the option in the security setting "allow everytime" (or something like this) but in the actual but also macOS 11version this option ist not available anymore. What can I do to allow every starting and opening process without typing in my password etc.?

cheers!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 5:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 6:27 PM

Is that app really compatible with Monterey? Check with the developer since you should not have that issue if the app is compatible with Monterey.

If those other small programs are independent of the main app, then you need to manually allow them an exception to Gatekeeper just like you did with the main program. Find the smaller app in the Finder, then Control-click the app and select "Open" from the pop-up contextual menu (still holding the Control key). Do this for each of the small programs. After this you should have no problems.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2022 6:27 PM in response to Voelch

Is that app really compatible with Monterey? Check with the developer since you should not have that issue if the app is compatible with Monterey.

If those other small programs are independent of the main app, then you need to manually allow them an exception to Gatekeeper just like you did with the main program. Find the smaller app in the Finder, then Control-click the app and select "Open" from the pop-up contextual menu (still holding the Control key). Do this for each of the small programs. After this you should have no problems.

Allow permanent starting apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.