You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud does not sink with mac mail

I have two iCloud accounts. One dates back to the old @me.com days. That one has a dot in it. The newer one came about when they changed the name to iCloud. That one does not have the dot. Two areas in which I am having trouble in my new 16 inch mac is syncing the calendar and Mac Mail. When I go into system preferences I go to accounts iCloud. Both accounts appear. When I try to add calendar or mail it asks for my iCloud account when I put in the name of either account it says "You cannot change your account name". I am not trying to change the name. I was just entering it because it asked for it in order to add Mac mail and calendar.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 9:37 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 3, 2022 8:43 AM in response to deflumeri

Hi deflumeri,

It sounds like you have two similar iCloud/me accounts and cannot add mail or calendar for them. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps.

You can only be signed into System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud one account at a time. However, you can sign in with multiple accounts through the Mail or Calendar apps. Instead of going to iCloud, follow the steps in Add an email account to Mail on your Mac. This will help you add the email account to your Mac. Here's how you can do the same thing for calendars using Add or delete calendar accounts on Mac. Be sure to first add the address that isn't already added through iCloud settings on your computer.

If the issue remains after following those steps, let us know what happened when you tried signing in using Mail > Add Account and Calendar > Add Account for your other iCloud account.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

Jan 3, 2022 9:31 AM in response to Sharon_419

I just tried adding a new email account under the .me account. It showed up on the side bar, but was listed under where it says *****@gmail.com: not up with the other in boxes. Then I tried sending an e-mail to that box and received the notification below. This may be complicated by the fact that my log on ID for my Apple account is my email address. Have I set up a circular screw up? If so is there anyway to undo this?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iCloud does not sink with mac mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.