You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot change my Apple ID Email Address

I set up my Apple ID for the first time with an Outlook Email Address but after setting up iCloud Mail on my Mac, I want to change my Apple ID Email Address to the iCloud Email address but whenever I try to complete this step, it gives me an error that this email address cannot be used as Apple ID as depicted in the Screenshot below. Can someone help me with this?

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 8:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM

Here's how you change the email address you use for your Apple ID:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

There's special instructions in the document if you want to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com address.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM in response to TheShaunSaw

Here's how you change the email address you use for your Apple ID:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

There's special instructions in the document if you want to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com address.

Cannot change my Apple ID Email Address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.