You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft 32 bit app phase out, lost license rights

I updated to Catalina and now Microsoft is trying to make me pay for the apps to replace the outdated 32 bit programs. How do I proceed without having to pay again for the license I already purchased?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 2:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 3:06 PM

Restore your backups and stay with Office 2011 or earlier and Mojave or earlier.

Otherwise, you’re headed for an Office 2021 purchase, or an Office 365 subscription, or LibreOffice or alternative, or switch and use the free Apple iWork Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps which can read and write many Office documents.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2022 3:06 PM in response to Inkwellvintage

Restore your backups and stay with Office 2011 or earlier and Mojave or earlier.

Otherwise, you’re headed for an Office 2021 purchase, or an Office 365 subscription, or LibreOffice or alternative, or switch and use the free Apple iWork Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps which can read and write many Office documents.

Microsoft 32 bit app phase out, lost license rights

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.