You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Hompod Mini is pausing and playing random songs from my library and turning volume up, please help!

Hi, recently I had to unplug the HomePod Mini in my living room because it seems to have a life of its own. When I plug it in, it starts playing, skipping and pausing random music from my library and turning the volume up. Is there something wrong with this HomePod Mini or am I doing something wrong? The HomePod Mini I have in the kitchen with the same settings does not behave like this.

I have tried to reset the HomePod Mini and setting it up again. Same problem.

I have attached a some pictures showing what is going on frome the HomePod Mini menu in the Home app. I also try to show some of the settings. (I wish I could upload a video)

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 1:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 12:53 AM

I think I found a possible solution. In Setting->General->Airplay and Handoff is a switch called Transfer to HomePod.

We have 5 iPhones in our family and they have a charging station close to the HomePod. All iPhones had this switch active. So maybe all of the iPhones tried to automaticly play music on the HomePod Mini and caused it to skip, pause and play random music.

After I turned this switch off on all iPhones, the problem is gone.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2022 12:53 AM in response to jorgends

I think I found a possible solution. In Setting->General->Airplay and Handoff is a switch called Transfer to HomePod.

We have 5 iPhones in our family and they have a charging station close to the HomePod. All iPhones had this switch active. So maybe all of the iPhones tried to automaticly play music on the HomePod Mini and caused it to skip, pause and play random music.

After I turned this switch off on all iPhones, the problem is gone.

My Hompod Mini is pausing and playing random songs from my library and turning volume up, please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.