You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Close window(s) while using Hot Corners?

Let's say I have 10 Finder windows open. When I use one of my hot corners, it will show them all, right?

Right now, if I want to close one of them, I have to click the window to activate it (make it "full screen", then close the window, and if I want to close another one, I need to do that all again.

Is there a way to maybe click the window while all of them are visible, maybe using a function key or something, to close it?

Hope it makes sense...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 2:37 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 11, 2022 10:47 PM in response to tiagorocha

Command - ` , enables you to cycle through the open Finder windows.

It should select the front-most window, if inactive.

The backtick key: `, is normally on the same key as tilde: ~. The key's position does vary per device.

Navigate with this combination, to the window you want to close.

Command - W, will close the active window.

Jan 12, 2022 5:11 AM in response to balsa2

Don't want to sound rude or anything, but are you even aware of what "Hot Corners" are on the Mac?

You seem to give me tips on things that are not related to my post.

I'm looking for a solution (or at least knowing it's not possible at all) for when the windows are all displayed when using a hot corner (https://www.hellotech.com/blog/how-to-set-up-hot-corners-on-mac) like this:

I have my own shortcut to cycle through windows, so that's not the issue here.

All I wanted is to look at all the windows I have open (like the image above) and without clicking one to make it occupy the full screen and then close it, then go back to the hot corner, I would like to just click one of the windows (while holding a certain key or key combination) and that window would close.

Hope that makes sense now ;)

Close window(s) while using Hot Corners?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.