You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Direct Closure of Windows on Mission Control

Why isn't there an option to directly close out of windows that appear on Mission Control? Right now I have to click on the individual window to bring the screen out of Mission Control view, then click the red 'x' for that selected window. This creates a large waste of time and clicks, especially if I want to close multiple windows that are open on my computer. I'm advocating for a similar mechanism that is used on iPhones, where you can double click the home button then close out of multiple apps rapidly on one "dashboard".

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 9:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 3:49 PM

I was thinking this the other day, actually. You should send it to Apple as a suggestion.

Since you mention it, I believe double-pressing Home and swiping up to close apps in iOS is more folklore than good advice. It's more like Force Quit, and Apple says you should force an app to close only if it's unresponsive.

Similar questions

1 reply

Direct Closure of Windows on Mission Control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.