You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not being updated from phone to ipad

Why are my photos not automatically being transferred from iPhone to iPad and Mac.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 5:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 7:01 AM

Hey AnneBen,

We understand that you are not seeing your photos staying up-to-date across your three devices. If you've recently turned on iCloud Photos, you can see how to check the status of uploads or downloads, by following the steps in the section below:

"How do I check the status of my uploads or downloads to iCloud Photos?

1. Open the Photos app.
  2. Select the Library tab, then tap All Photos.
  3. Scroll to the bottom to see the status bar. 

You can also find photos and videos from your Photos Library that haven't been uploaded to iCloud in a smart album on your Mac."

This information is from the following article: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If all your photos and videos are fully uploaded, you can see if restarting all three of your devices may help push the photos to all of your devices:

Let us know how those steps go or if you've already tried those steps.

Best wishes.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2022 7:01 AM in response to AnneBen

Hey AnneBen,

We understand that you are not seeing your photos staying up-to-date across your three devices. If you've recently turned on iCloud Photos, you can see how to check the status of uploads or downloads, by following the steps in the section below:

"How do I check the status of my uploads or downloads to iCloud Photos?

1. Open the Photos app.
  2. Select the Library tab, then tap All Photos.
  3. Scroll to the bottom to see the status bar. 

You can also find photos and videos from your Photos Library that haven't been uploaded to iCloud in a smart album on your Mac."

This information is from the following article: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If all your photos and videos are fully uploaded, you can see if restarting all three of your devices may help push the photos to all of your devices:

Let us know how those steps go or if you've already tried those steps.

Best wishes.

Photos not being updated from phone to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.