You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving Verification Code after changing my carrier service provider

I am unable to receive verification cides after I changed my carrier service provider

Shifted from Ufone to Zong

Any assistance will be appreciated

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 2:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 1:17 PM

Hi Sarmadiqbal,

We see you're having trouble getting verification codes to your device. You'll want to make sure that you have your trusted device and number setup properly. You can learn how to do that here: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

You will also want to make sure that you setup an SMS plan on your device with your new carrier if you plan on receiving codes through text messages. We hope this helps.

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2022 1:17 PM in response to Sarmadiqbal

Hi Sarmadiqbal,

We see you're having trouble getting verification codes to your device. You'll want to make sure that you have your trusted device and number setup properly. You can learn how to do that here: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

You will also want to make sure that you setup an SMS plan on your device with your new carrier if you plan on receiving codes through text messages. We hope this helps.

Take care.

Jan 13, 2022 1:17 PM in response to Sarmadiqbal

Hi Sarmadiqbal,

Take care.

Jan 14, 2022 8:39 AM in response to Sarmadiqbal

Sarmadiqbal,

If you've changed your number, you'll need to refer to the article previously sent to add your new number as a trusted phone number to your account. Your Apple ID won't have any association with the carrier of your iPhone, just the number.

When you talked to your new carrier, did you mention that you can receive SMS text messages, but not codes? They may need to do something different to check why you can't receive "short codes".

In the meantime, this article shows other aways to get a verification code:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

If you need to start account recovery because you don't have access to the previous number you can learn how here:

How to use account recovery when you can't reset your Apple ID

Take care.

Not receiving Verification Code after changing my carrier service provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.