You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages on my Macbook Pro has disappeared - why and can I get it back

The Pages tool on my MacBook Pro has disappeared - why and can I get it back - it seems Adobe has taken over my computer and won't let me open documents created in pages. And all documents being sent to me, which used to be in word format are coming in text format - can anyone advise me on what to do - how do I get rid of Adobe Acrobat Reader and get my Pages tool back

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 11:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 12:07 PM

The only application in the entire universe that can open Pages documents is the current version of Pages. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC can only open PDF documents.

Any reason why you cannot just download Pages v11.2 from the Mac App Store again? If you see an Open button, then it is still installed in your /Applications folder, or in the unemptied Trash.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2022 12:07 PM in response to EddyJacob

The only application in the entire universe that can open Pages documents is the current version of Pages. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC can only open PDF documents.

Any reason why you cannot just download Pages v11.2 from the Mac App Store again? If you see an Open button, then it is still installed in your /Applications folder, or in the unemptied Trash.

Pages on my Macbook Pro has disappeared - why and can I get it back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.