You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS15.2.1 -captive.apple.com screen is blank

I updated iOS on my iPad mini 4(Wi-Fi) to iOS15.2.1. Since then, when I connect to a Wi-Fi network, the captive.apple.com screen is totally blank. I cannot type the log-in information.

My other devices (iMac, MacBook air, and iPhone SE-1st generation) can connect to the same network (Linksys router+cable modem) without any issues. My iPad mini can connect to the mobile date using tethering from iPhone because it does not need the captive.apple.com screen to log in.

Does anyone have the same issue? Is there any solution for this issue?

I would appreciate any inputs.

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 9:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 7:55 AM

I somehow solved the issue by myself. I turned off "Auto Connect", "Auto Long-in", and "Private Address" in the information panel of the WiFi network. A blank screen of captive.apple.com even did not show up this time, so without typing long-in information, my iPad mini was connected to the network. (Maybe because it already had connected the same network before and there are some information saved on it.) I am not sure what I would do when I need to connect totally new network at a hotel or somewhere, but for the time being, I can continue using this 4-year-old iPad mini without making unplanned purchase of a new one. I learned I should not upgrade an OS without checking the reviews. It was a good lesson.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2022 7:55 AM in response to emmycat

I somehow solved the issue by myself. I turned off "Auto Connect", "Auto Long-in", and "Private Address" in the information panel of the WiFi network. A blank screen of captive.apple.com even did not show up this time, so without typing long-in information, my iPad mini was connected to the network. (Maybe because it already had connected the same network before and there are some information saved on it.) I am not sure what I would do when I need to connect totally new network at a hotel or somewhere, but for the time being, I can continue using this 4-year-old iPad mini without making unplanned purchase of a new one. I learned I should not upgrade an OS without checking the reviews. It was a good lesson.

iOS15.2.1 -captive.apple.com screen is blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.