You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay keeps dropping from itunes on PC to Homepod Mini.

Airplay keeps dropping from itunes from my PC to Homepod Mini.

I have been trying to listen to my apple music on itunes by airplaying to my homepod mini. However, after 3 or 4 minutes or 30 seconds, the connection drops and it comes back by itself after few minutes, and also works if i connect it again. I have this problem since i bought the Homepod mini. I tried every suggestion, restart computer, router, update are always made etc etc Because Homepod mini can not be connected other than with Airplay...i cannot try Bluetooth. I would like to but more Homepod mini but before i do to fix this. Any idea what else could i do ?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 5:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 5:22 AM

Do you have a dual band router? If so you may find HomePod is more reliable if you only give it access to the 2.4GHz band.

tt2

3 replies

Airplay keeps dropping from itunes on PC to Homepod Mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.