You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri command to Ecobee, what is the magic way to say it?

What is the trick to get Ecobee thermostats fully in HomeKit to respond to the raise temperature command on Siri? On Alexa you simply say “Alexa, Home, XX°” and it raises or lowers it to what you wanted. (Home is the name of my one thermostat but, if you live in a mansion, you might have 5 or more.)

That does not work on Siri. Nor does “Thermostat, XX°” or; “Set temperature to” or; “Raise temperature to” or; a few other logical ways of saying the temperature should go up or down to this amount.

BTW: most of these variations and others work with Alexa and Ecobee.

HomePod mini

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 10:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 6:42 PM

Well, it was just messed up. After an hour on hold, level 2 support at ecobee had me reset it by deleting the (non working) Homekit link at the thermostat itself. The second I did that and went to the app, I could link HomeKit for it once more and, voila, it works great..

Similar questions

3 replies

Siri command to Ecobee, what is the magic way to say it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.