You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot won't disappear

I just updated to Monterey, and I was browsing the Internet and took a screenshot. Now the screenshot won't disappear from my desktop. I had to move it by sliding it down toward the lower corner. I will try restarting later, but at the moment I'm doing a full scan so didn't want to do it. But has this happened to everyone else? I'm mad at myself for upgrading to Monterey before checking to see what people think of it...

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 10:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 12:52 AM

Try using the ESC key to remove the screenshot.

If not successful and a normal start doesn't prevent recurrence try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2022 12:52 AM in response to SaraoftheJungle

Try using the ESC key to remove the screenshot.

If not successful and a normal start doesn't prevent recurrence try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Jan 18, 2022 1:49 AM in response to SaraoftheJungle

In my setup, Screen Shot will appear in lower right of Desktop briefly as it renders the image and one finished rendering it will appear in Upper Right of Desktop.

It as always worked that way on both Mac Mini M1 and MBA M1 both on Monterey 12.1

User wrote " moment I'm doing a full scan " it is worrisome. Is one using an AntiVirus Software ?

There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS, because of the underling UNIX  Foundation and Permission Limitation. 

The The Built in Security  is all that is required to protect the computer.

Screenshot won't disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.