You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to transfer iTunes library to iPhone 13 Pro

I upgraded from an iPhone 11 to iPhone 13 Pro in December. The only music that transferred was the songs purchased through iTunes. I opted to begin an Apple Music trial until I had time to sit and transfer music from my PC iTunes to the new phone. I keep receiving the following message when trying to transfer music:

Some of the files were not copied to the iPhone because iCloud Music Library is enabled on this iPhone.

I’m running iOS 15.2.1. I tried disabling “sync library” but the error persisted. Is this an issue with starting Apple Music? I have albums/songs that aren’t available through Apple Music and would really like them back on my phone. Does anyone have any suggestions?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 7:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 8:25 PM

Hi there,

I think the issue is probably with the computer where the music is stored. Because you have enabled iCloud Music Library on the new phone and subscribed to Apple Music you won't be able to directly sync the purchased music stored in iTunes on your PC. To fix this try enabling Sync music library in the iTunes settings on your PC.

See this Support Article for more information on how to do this.

Hope this helps!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2022 8:25 PM in response to Saravara7

Hi there,

I think the issue is probably with the computer where the music is stored. Because you have enabled iCloud Music Library on the new phone and subscribed to Apple Music you won't be able to directly sync the purchased music stored in iTunes on your PC. To fix this try enabling Sync music library in the iTunes settings on your PC.

See this Support Article for more information on how to do this.

Hope this helps!

Unable to transfer iTunes library to iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.