You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple says I have to update my MacBook Pro software so it will connect with my iPhone again.

Apple says I have to update my MacBook Pro software so it will connect with my iPhone again. I have a lot of files made on old software that I don't want to update. What are my options?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 3:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 3:18 PM

Specifically, it's this update:

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch"

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch has a newer version of iOS than is supported by your Mac, you may see this alert: "A software update is required to connect to your iOS device. Would you like to download and install this update now?"

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2022 3:18 PM in response to Bernefromia

Specifically, it's this update:

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch"

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch has a newer version of iOS than is supported by your Mac, you may see this alert: "A software update is required to connect to your iOS device. Would you like to download and install this update now?"

Apple says I have to update my MacBook Pro software so it will connect with my iPhone again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.