You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam in Messages

I have been receiving a lot of SPAM messages. I've tried deleting the new contacts each time they come through, but the SPAM still continues. I've selected "Filter Unknown Senders" but the SPAM still continues. How do I stop this?

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 9:32 PM

10 replies

Jan 30, 2022 5:33 AM in response to WoodyMann

Such amount of spam messages are usually sent by spam bot, then there is little you can do except delete one by one.

You can try to prevent it by leaving no or almost no traces of your private information such as email address, telephone number on the Internet.

• Playing a game online is fun, but such a website needs 'resources' to pay for their website.
  • Free games and applications are also not completely free, think of ads and others.

'Free' doesn't exist, there's always something hiding behind the word Free.

You can also report to your Internet Service Provider.

See also:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

To report illegal, obnoxious, unwanted or malicious e-mail from an Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live or MSN account, please forward the unwanted message in its entirety (including the entire message header), to abuse@outlook.com

Gmail -> https://support.google.com/a/answer/178266?hl=en

If you have a Mac use SpamSieve -> https://c-command.com/spamsieve/

Jan 30, 2022 2:13 AM in response to Raicya

i’ve done that and I still receive SPAM. It’s a little after 2AM PST, and I just received another SPAM message. It’s from the same place. The same 19 phone numbers are included with a different email address as the place sending the message. At least I’m assuming it’s the email address sending originating the message since all of the numbers are blocked.

Jan 30, 2022 5:10 PM in response to Raicya

Nope… didn’t work…

I tried entering abuse@outlook.com, but all I did was send the link to everyone in the group.

I went to my mail, created an email and attached a screenshot, but I don’t think that’s what you intended.

These are the options I think you’re referring to, but again, no way to attach the message that I can find.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Jan 30, 2022 5:29 PM in response to Raicya

It didn’t work. I tried entering the email address in the group message. I think I succeeded in forwarding the Abuse email address to everyone who has been receiving these messages.

when I created an email, I was able to find some options, including “insert photo or video” and “attach file.” I selected “attach file” but wasn’t able to attach the message in the “Messages” ap.

What should I try next?

Spam in Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.