You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my dowloaded music on MacBook is gone, but still remain on ssd.

All my dowloaded music is gone. But still remain on my ssd.

Music library reached 120gb and this problem occurred.

How can I restore music without downloading again ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 8:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 11:13 PM

kegor2004 Said:

"all my mp3 music files and the same files with name *blocking-content-rules*.json"

-------

Content Blocker is the Culprit:

So, there is a content blocker of sorts applies to these files. Getting around that, you would have to contact Apple Support. Ether the drive is encrypted, or the files are corrupt. Apple is assuring your Mac is secure. Once again, contact Apple Support, asking how to get around this.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 30, 2022 11:13 PM in response to kegor2004

kegor2004 Said:

"all my mp3 music files and the same files with name *blocking-content-rules*.json"

-------

Content Blocker is the Culprit:

So, there is a content blocker of sorts applies to these files. Getting around that, you would have to contact Apple Support. Ether the drive is encrypted, or the files are corrupt. Apple is assuring your Mac is secure. Once again, contact Apple Support, asking how to get around this.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Jan 30, 2022 9:07 PM in response to kegor2004

kegor2004 Said:

"All my dowloaded music on MacBook is gone, but still remain on ssd. All my dowloaded music is gone. But still remain on my ssd. Music library reached 120gb and this problem occurred. How can I restore music without downloading again ?"

-------

Can you Log in to your Mac?

Use Spotlight Search:

[Hold Down +command + Press: spacebar]. Type Terminal. Then press return. Next type the three characters: mp4

All my dowloaded music on MacBook is gone, but still remain on ssd.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.