You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Screen Seems Stuck, Announces Button Names But Won't Respond

I picked up my iPhone 13 Pro Max and discovered that when I attempted to touch the screen I only got the haptic motion from pressing the screen. I was not prompted to FaceID or a Passcode. I manually rebooted the phone (Pressing volume keys, up, down, and holding lock-key).

When it rebooted I am prompted to swipe up to unlock, but when I swipe I get no response. If I press the time that is displayed the phone announces it.

It also announces when I have no notifications. Other than that it is unresponsive.

When I do get to a "Passcode" screen, the phone announces "Passcode Field: 0 of 6 values Entered", but then when I press the numeric keys it announces the number, no value is entered.

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 8:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 8:55 PM

Ok it appears the phone is stuck in "Voiceover Mode", how may device got in voice-over mode and the fact that there is no visual indication that this is what is going on or how to use the phone properly (Had to watch a YouTube video) is a mystery to me. Poor experience.

1 reply

iPhone 13 Screen Seems Stuck, Announces Button Names But Won't Respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.