You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook for mail on Mac

Hello

I keep getting constant notifications (top right of screen) when I open my MacBook to enter my credentials for my 2 outlook email accounts. when I go to do it, there is nothing there that needs doing.

The inboxes are still working as they should when I go to look at the mail app.

I have saved the outlook passwords in the mail preferences section countless times.

I have 2 outlook.com emails which I have added to Mac mail.

is it because there is no dedicated outlook set up option for mail set up on MacBooks? I find that I have to use the Exchange option (there is outlook option on iPhones), I assumed it was the same outcome as its both Microsoft email providers.

I dont get this issue with my iPhone.

thanks for any advise.

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 1:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 11:31 AM

Mac's Mail App is not as modern as iOS's Mail app, Many eMail providers now require a separate App Password different from your eMail password…

Using app passwords with apps that don't support two-step verification (microsoft.com)

Similar questions

2 replies

Outlook for mail on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.