You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2012 Macbook pro continuously crashing

My 2012 Macbook pro has started to crash and shut off at random intervals. Sometimes it will work for hours and sometimes It crashes continuously before it can even boot up. It will crash in safe mode (when i'm even able to boot into it), it will crash when in disk utility, and I even went through the steps on here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251211161 and tried to reinstall mac OS, and it crashed while trying to do this. Anybody have any recommendations on this? is this likely some sort of hardware issue?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 7:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 10:35 PM

Hi,

Try to start up in Apple Diagnostics(AppleHardware Test) if it reports something hardware related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or error was reported, I'd recommend making Genius Bar reservation if your local retail Apple Store is open or take your MacBookPro to local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2022 10:35 PM in response to Boudreaux_30

Hi,

Try to start up in Apple Diagnostics(AppleHardware Test) if it reports something hardware related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or error was reported, I'd recommend making Genius Bar reservation if your local retail Apple Store is open or take your MacBookPro to local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

2012 Macbook pro continuously crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.