You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password incorrect- didn't even enter a password

When trying to connect my apple tv to my iPhone hotspot, the error message "Password incorrect- 100" pops up when I select my iPhone wifi as the source. It doesn't default to a password screen to allow me to enter a password, just automatically shows the "incorrect" message. I've tried resetting the appletv, restoring factory settings, everything I can think of... still error message. Any help?

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 9:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 12:47 AM

What is your model iPhone? Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

iPhone 12 or later has a Maximize Compatibility settings for hotspot. Try that.

If you can, test a hotspot from a different phone. If it connects, then you’ll know that the issue was the hotspot, not the Apple TV box.

2 replies

Feb 3, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Urquhart1244

iPhone 12 running 15.2.1. I attempted to connect with my wife's phone as a hot spot and we got the same "incorrect password" error without being able to enter the password. I have another device, called a Karma, and it connects to this device. Unfortunately, there are places we go where the iPhone has service and the Karma doesn't, so we occasionally need the iPhone to act as a hotspot. The iPhone works as a hotspot for my laptop. I'm just trying to decide if this is an iPhone issue (doesn't seem like it) or an Apple TV issue.

I have tried swithing the Maximize Compatibility setting; it makes no difference with the error message.

Password incorrect- didn't even enter a password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.