You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot see any photos in my library.

When trying to add Photos in System Preferences > iCloud > Photos [tick] I get a password request and after I enter it the tick disappears (stays unticked) and nothing happens. Some other post suggested turning on photos library in "options" next to photos but that post was from 2013 and "options" does not exist anymore. Thanks I'm on Mac Pro 2017 Catalina.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 11:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 11:47 PM

Check your photos library is set as the system photos library in photos preferences. The button should be greyed out - if not, click it.

Also check that iCloud is turned on in photos preferences.

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 3, 2022 2:57 AM in response to adinn

Please check, how much free storage is left in iCloud. If iCloud Photos become turned off, you need twice as much free storage in iCloud to enable it again. Photos will treat your library as a new library and so you need enough free storage for an additional complete copy of your library to be allowed to turn iCloud Photos on again. Photos will not create duplicates when uploading the library again, but merge the library into the existing library. Only it is using the worst case assumption that all photos in your library are different from the photos in iCloud to estimate the required storage.

Cannot see any photos in my library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.