You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found an iphone 6 and it has the activation lock on, how can I find out who it belongs to?

I found an iphone 6, over 2 years ago. It wouldn't turn on or charge, so I put it in a drawer and forgot about it. I found it the other day, brought it to a store that put a new battery in and it turns on. Trouble is, it's got the activation lock on, so I can't see who owns it to return it. Any ideas??

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 2:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 4:38 PM

There is nothing you can do. The owner has the option of leaving a lost mode message if they choose to. If they chose not to do that, then there is no way for you to find out anything about the owner. Apple will not get involved with anyone’s lost or stolen personal property.

Drop it off at the nearest electronic recycler

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2022 4:38 PM in response to browner3

There is nothing you can do. The owner has the option of leaving a lost mode message if they choose to. If they chose not to do that, then there is no way for you to find out anything about the owner. Apple will not get involved with anyone’s lost or stolen personal property.

Drop it off at the nearest electronic recycler

I found an iphone 6 and it has the activation lock on, how can I find out who it belongs to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.