You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save as PDF issue

I recently updated my computer last week (Feb 2022) and prior to this update I was able to click and drag thumbnails of documents from large PDFs and also click "File --> Export as PDF" as well as "Print --> Save as PDF." Ever since this new update, I have not been able to do this with my files. As a teacher this is something I do what feels like a million times a day and now my job is much harder because it's like my PDF only will print all 300 pages of my curriculum documents or a single one. Anyone know how to fix this? It worked fine before I updated my Mac to the newest software macOS Monterey Version 12.1

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 5:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 6:19 AM

alixc333 wrote:

I recently updated my computer last week (Feb 2022) and prior to this update I was able to click and drag thumbnails of documents from large PDFs and also click "File --> Export as PDF" as well as "Print --> Save as PDF." Ever since this new update, I have not been able to do this with my files.

It worked fine before I updated my Mac to the newest software macOS Monterey Version 12.1

The current stable release of Monterey macOS is 12.2.1

I would verify you are current—Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2022 6:19 AM in response to alixc333

alixc333 wrote:

I recently updated my computer last week (Feb 2022) and prior to this update I was able to click and drag thumbnails of documents from large PDFs and also click "File --> Export as PDF" as well as "Print --> Save as PDF." Ever since this new update, I have not been able to do this with my files.

It worked fine before I updated my Mac to the newest software macOS Monterey Version 12.1

The current stable release of Monterey macOS is 12.2.1

I would verify you are current—Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Save as PDF issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.