You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't see the screenshots in my Mac

Why can I not see my screenshots?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 6:27 PM

They should be saved to your desktop, as your question suggests. However they may be going somewhere else.

Apple's support document Take a screenshot on your Mac has a tip on resetting the location if it has changed:

Where to find screenshots

By default, screenshots will be saved to your desktop with the name ”Screen Shot [date] at [time].png.”

In macOS Mojave or later, you can change the default location of saved screenshots from the Options menu in the Screenshot app. You can also drag the thumbnail to a folder or document.

If the Screenshot app says that the screenshots are being saved to your desktop and you can't see them, select another destination - perhaps a folder in a different location - and see if the screenshots are being delivered there. This may fix any issue with screenshots and you can change the saved place back to your desktop or anywhere you find convenient.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2022 6:27 PM in response to Mr_Beast123

They should be saved to your desktop, as your question suggests. However they may be going somewhere else.

Apple's support document Take a screenshot on your Mac has a tip on resetting the location if it has changed:

Where to find screenshots

By default, screenshots will be saved to your desktop with the name ”Screen Shot [date] at [time].png.”

In macOS Mojave or later, you can change the default location of saved screenshots from the Options menu in the Screenshot app. You can also drag the thumbnail to a folder or document.

If the Screenshot app says that the screenshots are being saved to your desktop and you can't see them, select another destination - perhaps a folder in a different location - and see if the screenshots are being delivered there. This may fix any issue with screenshots and you can change the saved place back to your desktop or anywhere you find convenient.

I can't see the screenshots in my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.