You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop on M1 machines

Hi all,

hope you can help me with that.

My wife and I we both have iPhones 11 Pro Max, iPads and Mac MiniM1, MacBook Pro 2015 and MacBook Pro M1 14".

Airdrop is working fine with all devices, except the M1 ones, so not with MacBook Pro 14 M1 and not with Mac mini M1.

I did all that was advised, turn off/on wifi, bluetooth....

Devices can see each other, so I can see Mac mini M1, just when I click on iPhone to airdrop to it, it just says waiting and that's it. No prompt on M1 mini or anything. Again, I can see iPhone on M1 mini and I can see M1 mini on the iPhone, just the airdrop itself it does nothing other than waiting.

The same story on Macbook pro M1...

Macbook pro 2015 is working fine.

So I think it's not settings, it's an issue with M1 device.

Can you please help?

Kind regards

Bostjan

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 6:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 9:09 AM

Hello there BostjanD,

I understand you're looking for assistance with using AirDrop in reference to your M1 Macs, so let's see if the following information may help.

With the files or documents you're looking to AirDrop, have you noticed if this occurs with both small and large file sizes? If you're unsure, try to AirDrop a photo from your Mac to your iPhone to see what occurs.

Keep in mind when you AirDrop from your Mac to your iPhone, the file could automatically be stored in the designated area without requiring you to accept the AirDrop if you're signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices. For more information on this, check out the section labeled "How to accept AirDrop" of the following resource:

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you see that the transfer didn't occur, try disabling AirDrop on your iPhone for a few seconds then enable it again to see if that changes the result. If that doesn't help, Contact Apple Support to look into this in more detail.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 22, 2022 9:09 AM in response to BostjanD

Hello there BostjanD,

I understand you're looking for assistance with using AirDrop in reference to your M1 Macs, so let's see if the following information may help.

With the files or documents you're looking to AirDrop, have you noticed if this occurs with both small and large file sizes? If you're unsure, try to AirDrop a photo from your Mac to your iPhone to see what occurs.

Keep in mind when you AirDrop from your Mac to your iPhone, the file could automatically be stored in the designated area without requiring you to accept the AirDrop if you're signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices. For more information on this, check out the section labeled "How to accept AirDrop" of the following resource:

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you see that the transfer didn't occur, try disabling AirDrop on your iPhone for a few seconds then enable it again to see if that changes the result. If that doesn't help, Contact Apple Support to look into this in more detail.

Have a great day!

Airdrop on M1 machines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.