You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Cant transfer my music!!!!!

Hi.

So im trying to drag my music in to my ipod nano 3rd generation and then it just said.

If you want to play Apple Music you need to turn on Icloud-Music Library. And i go in to I-Tunes settings and the Icloud-Music Library is activated, And i still cant drag over any music. It sill gives me the same message. So please help me. My Itunes is fully uptated and ive tested it on pc and on mac.

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 10:57 AM

anes17 wrote:

do i need to buy songs if i want to listen on a ipod?

Yes.

You can:

• copy from your CDs (if you own any) into your iTunes Library
  • buy digital music in the form of MP3s from Amazon, Bandcamp etc., download your purchases to your computer, add those to your iTunes Library
  • buy digital music from the iTunes Store in AAC format (also known as m4a) and that those to your iTunes Library

...and then you can add all those songs to your iPod by using Sync (to synchronise your iPod with your Library) or by Manually Managing (manually dragging songs onto your iPod)

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2022 10:57 AM in response to anes17

anes17 wrote:

do i need to buy songs if i want to listen on a ipod?

Yes.

You can:

• copy from your CDs (if you own any) into your iTunes Library
  • buy digital music in the form of MP3s from Amazon, Bandcamp etc., download your purchases to your computer, add those to your iTunes Library
  • buy digital music from the iTunes Store in AAC format (also known as m4a) and that those to your iTunes Library

...and then you can add all those songs to your iPod by using Sync (to synchronise your iPod with your Library) or by Manually Managing (manually dragging songs onto your iPod)

Feb 22, 2022 10:28 AM in response to anes17

Hello anes17,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We're here to lend a hand.

To manually add music to your iPod, we recommend taking the steps in the section "Add items to your device manually" here:

Sync iTunes content on PC with your devices

If this concern continues after taking the steps above, our resolution is to contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: 

Get Support

Kind regards.

I Cant transfer my music!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.