You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t download purchased app again under “purchases” in store.

I had Minecraft downloaded on my iPhone but accidentally deleted it. I went to app store > profile picture > purchases > my purchases but Minecraft was nowhere to be found. I still have the game downloaded on my iPad with the same apple id so that means the game is still linked to my apple id. Sharing acces is also on on all devices. Any idea how to download it again without needing to paying €6,99?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 10:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 8:16 AM

Ow ok but I had the newest version installed before I deleted it and I still have the game on my iPad so I should just be able to download it again from “my purchases” but it isn’t showing up…

6 replies

Feb 24, 2022 8:05 AM in response to RRenzo_

As developers improve their app they issue new versions of their app. If they are minor improvements, they are considered updates and those are free. But if the developer makes major improvements to their app, in a sense a new app, those are major upgrades and must be bought.

Apps have version numbers. A minor update version number is like this; V1.0 to V1.1, V1.2, etc. A major upgrade's version number is like this; V1.0 to V2.0, V3.0 etc.

Can’t download purchased app again under “purchases” in store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.